WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE NO HEAT:
Furnace Troubleshooting To Diagnose Common Furnace Problems
Having a properly functioning furnace is important, especially during winter. If your furnace doesn’t seem to be working properly, it might help to do a little furnace troubleshooting on your own before you call a technician. You might just be able to solve your furnace problems without running up a service fee!
However, if you go through the checklist and your furnace still isn’t functioning, it’s time to call a technician so they can diagnose the issue and get your furnace up and running.
FURNACE TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS
- Make sure the power switch on the furnace is in the “On” position.
- Make sure the thermostat is in the “Heat” position and the desired temperature is above the temperature in the house.
- Check the furnace filter:
- If the filter is dirty, change it.
- If the filter is still relatively clean, this likely indicates a more complex issue and means it’s time to call for a diagnostic technician.
- When calling for a technician, tell the person answering the phone what the furnace has been doing (ie: making noise, furnace on with no air coming out of vents, blowing cold air, etc.).
- Your technician will arrive and repair your furnace.
If you’ve tried these furnace troubleshooting steps and think you need furnace repair in Colorado Springs, we’re here to help! Springs Heating & Cooling prioritizes emergency furnace repair requests, as we know a lack of heating is serious during Colorado winters. Contact us today for your furnace repair!